Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- These conditions shall apply to all sales of goods by Total Cleaning Supplies Ltd (hereinafter known as the Company) to the exclusion of all other terms, conditions and warranties, whatever, and the Company shall not be bound by any representation, guarantee or warranty made by its employees, agents or representatives. The conditions shall not be varied save by written agreement between the Company and the Buyer.
- These conditions or any agreed change to these conditions shall in all respects operate in conformity with English Law.
- The Company shall not be liable for any inability to comply with its obligations under an order due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, including (but not limited hereto) war, riot, strike or lock-out, act of God, storm, fire, earthquake, explosion, flood, confiscation, action of any government or government agency or shortage of goods and time for delivery shall be extended by a period corresponding to the period of such inability provided always that either the Company or the Buyer may give notice in writing to the other cancelling deliveries which should have been made during a period of force majeure in the event of such period extending beyond 60 consecutive days.
- The prices shown on this website are the Company’s quoted prices at the date of submitting to the site provider and in the event of any changes in the same prior to the date upon which the goods are despatched by the Company, the Company may after consultation with the Buyer increase the price accordingly and will invoice the buyer at the amended price.
- Dates for delivery given by the Company will be estimated only but will be maintained as closely as possible and the Company will not be responsible for any loss caused to the Buyer by late delivery. Each delivery of goods in accordance with an order shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract to which these terms and conditions shall, so far as possible, apply and failure to make any delivery shall not terminate the order as to future deliveries. Excess shipping charges may apply to some UK locations. Additional charges may also apply to certain items, especially non stock items and this will be calculated according to size and weight. If the delivery is attempted twice by our carriers and delivery has failed, the goods will be returned to us and an additional charge will apply for re-delivery. If you decide you no longer require the goods after a failed delivery attempt or if goods ordered are not suitable for purpose and are unused, there will be a minimum £20 administration charge deducted from any refund to cover shipping and handling and up to a 20% restock charge for the goods.
- Title to the goods shall not pass until payment in full is made to the Company.
- No claim for damage to or loss of the goods or part thereof in transit will be considered by the Company unless the Buyer:
a) despatches separate written notice to the carrier concerned, if any, and to the Company of the damage or shortage within 3 days of delivery of the goods or, in the event of loss of the goods, within 7 days of the notified date of arrival of the consignment.
b) submits a detailed claim in writing to the Company within 3 days of the notice given under (a) above: and
c) endorsed, where applicable, on the carriers receipt or docket that the goods had been examined without examination.
- Minimum order level/Carriage charges
All orders of a minimum value of £100.00 plus VAT (£50.00 plus VAT within the county of Essex) will be despatched carriage paid to the UK mainland destinations via standard carrier service. For special deliveries or orders below the minimum level, carriage shall be charged at cost. No deliveries outside of the mainland UK can be made unless by prior arrangement and at additional shipping cost.
- Payment shall be made online or via telephone by Visa, Mastercard, Solo, Switch/Maestro and Amex cards prior to despatch of goods. The Company can if the buyer requests provide pro forma invoices so that Cheque payment may be made prior to despatch of goods. Payment for goods provided to Buyers with previously approved account facilities shall be made within 30 days from invoice date. The Company reserve the right to charge interest on any balance outstanding after the 30 day term at a rate of 4% per month from the date by which the payment should have been made until day of payment Provided Always that the payment of such interest shall be in addition to all other rights of the Company.
- Without prejudice to their rights to damages the Company may terminate the contract by notice in writing if the Buyer fails to take any delivery of goods when due or makes default in any payment when due.
- If the buyer shall commit any act of bankruptcy or being a Limited Company if any Resolution or Petition to wind up such Company’s business shall be passed or presented or a Receiver be appointed of its undertaking property or assets or any part thereof or if the Buyer, whether an individual or a Company, shall have any execution or distress levied upon any of his or its goods or property the Company shall have the right to determine any contract then subsisting, without prejudice to any claim or right the Company might otherwise make or exercise.
- The Company does not warrant, guarantee or hold out that the goods are of merchantable quality or fit for any purpose, whether such purpose is known to the Company or not and in the event of the Buyer receiving defective goods it must forthwith notify the Company of the same and if requested return the goods to the Company for transmission to the Manufacturer. The Company will use its best endeavours to obtain the benefit of any guarantee given by the manufacturer and its liability to the buyer shall be limited to any sum received by it thereunder. In no event shall the Company be liable for consequential loss, if any, suffered by the buyer.
- The prices specified on this website are exclusive of VAT and the buyer shall pay to the Company a sum equal to such tax in addition to and at the same time at the prices so specified. All prices are quoted in UK Pounds.
- The Company has taken every care in compiling this website but cannot accept any responsibility for errors or omissions